Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Week 1

Step by step, stone by stone...


This is my first time with blogs, I have done some experiments with moodle, but blogging is totally new for me. As for the samples we have from other courses, I get the impression that a blog can be a convenient tool, since it appears easy to access and edit… and I am sure my students will find this site very useful and complementing to the work we do in class. There is never enough we can give to our kids to help them in their learning experience.
I am very happy for this opportunity to learn and share, so, I’ll start clicking and changing all the settings to practice and to have some experiences to share.



I wanted to share a picture from my working place, my alma mater, we are currently facing a terrible situation, we have been on strike for the last 2 weeks, we teachers are asking for better salaries and we are protesting for a shortage on our budget which is hurting our University badly.

4 comments:

  1. What's happening at the UCV? I think it would be interesting for your readers who are not familiar with the situation in Venezuela if you explained it a bit more detailed. Regards from Switzerland, Thomas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Txs, Thomas, UCV is still in conflict, trying to come to terms with local Uni authorities and agree on a "decent" arrangement for the whole community. Apparently this week the conversations between the two parties are moving ahead and it seem to bright the light atg the end of the tunnel. Fingers crossed for "la casa que vence las sombras".
      All the best!

      Delete
  2. Hi Maria, I thought I was the only one new in this. I also straggled to just to open my blog. Now that I have done so I'm beginning to like and love it. This is a very good way of communicating with colleagues and learn from each other. I wish if I had learnt this during my early age. But I guess it's never too late I'll soon master it.

    As for changing settings I don't think I'll be able to do it now but my dear! watch the space!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Txs Nombuelo! no, we are not alone! so much to learn! doing my best and keeping the pace...
      cheers!

      Delete