Sunday, July 28, 2013

Week 5

Another week gone and so much learned and to be shared… let’s take it easy, folks, I know you are all willing to know how this week went, but, as usual, let me organize my ideas….




# 1 Rubrics, Assessment, and Project Based Learning….
Resuming with some things I had worked with before, and a karma law in life (\ ohmmmm!) I always land on the territory of fairness… I say this because of the topic “rubric”. To some of you this term will be just one more word of those we believe we know the meaning, but, this happens to be one of these fundamental elements in evaluation: a rubric points the rules of the game! Without a rubric your students will never know what you were expecting from them. I have discussed this issue with my colleagues, and yes, we always argue how hard and subjective the creation of rubrics is, but, for God's sake, how important they are.
In any case, reflecting on the definition of grading rubrics always helps you return to the essence of what you are doing, that is, TEACH.
For my assignment I shared a rubric I have used in my written exams in 2nd year. Looking forward hearing to the corrections and working on the improvement of it.
Txs Courtney!

# 2

I was also requested to either create a rubric or alternative assessment tool. I went for the creation of an alternative assessment and I am trying to work on the implementation of the use of online diaries and the creation of Podcast as a final class project. The idea would be to record the experience of every learner towards the development of a Podcast on a topic previously assigned. Comment on every step of the project and capture how the students evolve in this process. Again, this is a project of a possible activity involving the new tools we are learning. I wonder what you would have come up with…



# 3 Webquest 

As an extra activity, Courtney suggested trying with Webquests, and even though I was running short with time, I decided to go for it and create one… Well, must say I was very happy I tried. I found myself doing  serious exegesis regarding my proposal, and, of course, working hard on the evaluating rubric. Here is the link, please check it and tell me what you think of it, ok?




How is your research going? # 4

...and as usual, our weekly reflection on our piece of research. I decided to go for a digital portfolio. I know this will represent a change in what I have been doing, but, this is the reason of this program, to build new teaching skills. I promise to develop this idea further in my next week posting. Must say I have been showing a bad pain on my right hand and it is making it hard for me to type… 

No comments:

Post a Comment